NYU’s Office of Global Programs and Office of Global Services, as well as most other departments around NYU, will be closed for the winter break starting at 4pm EST on Friday, December 23rd. We will reopen on Wednesday, January 4th at 9am EST. Both the Office of Global Programs and the Office of Global Services will not be monitoring voicemail or emails during this time.
We understand that questions may come up while our office is closed – if so, please use the “Search” tool within this blog to see if we have covered it already (in many cases, we have!). This blog is meant to be your main resource of things to know and do regarding Paris, and can continue to assist in answering your questions even when we are not available.
Happy New Year and Best Wishes this Holiday Season!
Dear NYU Paris students,
Four part-time Student Employee positions are available for Spring 2017 NYU Paris students. This is an interesting opportunity to gain professional experience and work closely with the NYU Paris Library team, the Academic Affairs team and the Student Life team.
Start date: January 10, 2017
End date: May 19, 2017
15 hours per week assisting the NYU Paris Library, Academic Affairs and Student Life staff.
Student Life assistant’s tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Communications/publicity for NYU Paris Student Life events
- Providing technological support
- Set-up and breakdown of events
- Welcoming students, professors, and guests; fielding questions
- Running errands and performing basic administrative duties
- Providing staff coverage for the Welcome Center
Library assistant’s tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Open and close library
- Cover and stamp new books; reshelve books
- Help with book check-in and check-out
- Assist students and professors find books, DVDs, magazines, readings…
- Help with the update of the NYU Paris library catalog database
- Provide staff coverage
Academic Affairs assistant’s tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Communications/publicity for NYU Paris Academic events
- Running errands, Setting up and breakdown of events
- Assistance in academic administrative duties, such as booking class field trips, enrolling students in partner institutions
- Provide staff coverage at the Library and help with the same tasks as the Library assistant
All positions pay €9.67/hour gross (plus 10% compensation for paid vacation)
Please e-mail your cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 11 indicating to which position you are applying.
- Spring 2017 or all-year NYU Paris student
- Intermediate level of French
- STUDENT visa (marked “ETUDIANT”) valid or renewable at least through May 2017 or EU citizenship
- Student might need to open a French bank account
- Student will need to arrive in Paris on January 9th. NYU Paris will provide housing until the start of the semester (Jan. 23).
NYU Paris Student Life team