Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in France). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- October 17th: Attend French Visa day (hosted by OGS).
- October 23rd: This is the earliest date to begin the visa application process; DO NOT apply for a visa before this date.
- Look out for information from OGS regarding DEADLINE for Group Processing.
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- By October 24 – Confirm your place in the program
- Plan Ahead, by November 4 – Complete the Study Away Module (Available soon)
- Save the Date: November 5, 12-3 pm – All students in NYC are expected and required to attend NYU Paris’ Pre-Departure Orientation on this date.
- ASAP – Visiting Students: Set up NYU Email
- ASAP – Review Flight & Arrival Information
- Week of October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- October 15 – Apply to be a 2017-2018 Academic Year RA in New York
- October 17, 10 am – Students interested in taking course at the University of Paris or Science Po are encouraged to watch a live webinar with NYU Paris Academics Director, Beth Epstein. Afterwards, the webinar will also be available on NYUStream.
- October 17 – Sciences Po application due to NYU Paris
- October 21 – Deadline to apply for the academic internship program (11:59pm ET)
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Paris Facebook group
- ASAP (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- ASAP – Make an appointment to come see me with any questions at 383 Lafayette (located in New York). I’m also available by Skype appointment outside of this time frame if you are not in the area (email email@example.com to schedule).
- October 14, 12:30 -2:30 pm – Welcome to Study Away event. Come celebrate and meet fellow classmates!
- October 14, 10 am – 2 pm – NYU Passport Drive
- October 17 – Attend French Visa day (hosted by OGS).
- October 25 – Explore Art at NYU World Tour’s Pop-Up Gallery